Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sea of Peace

I must have at some time lived by the sea...

No matter where on Earth I may be, whenever I am by the sea I am at peace: The rhythm of the water, the crashing of the waves on the rocks, and a horizon where sky meets sea brings me the sense of being home.

It is the beginning of the fall here in Chile, and on this piece of Pacific coastline (an hour's drive from Puerto Montt)the days can be sunny one moment and misting and overcast the next. Today I enjoyed some of the 6 miles of beaches and 8,000 acres of temperate rainforest by horseback. Our guide led us to pristine beaches occupied by seagulls and shells, beautiful vistas perched high above the ocean, and fields filled with wild blackberries ripe and ready to eat!

When was the last time I could actually smell the earth, enjoy a ride in the mist and feel the pulse of the tide? I can't remember. It does bring back memories of a childhood long past when my world was simple and carefree.

.......That is what life is like here. How fortunate I am to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment