Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When I Get That Feeling, I Need Ayurveda Healing!

I was introduced to the healing touch of AYURVEDA today. Ayurveda is a system of healing, indigenous to India-most specifically to Kerala.The term "Ayurveda" is the combination of two words,"Ayu" which means life and "Veda" meaning knowledge. Ayurveda is the knowledge which helps to protect the quality and longevity of life. I hit the jackpot!


Ayurveda is based on ancient Indian philosophy which says that the whole universe is made up of 5 elements: Air, Space, Fire, Water and Earth.These five elements undergo combinations to form three basic factors: vata, pitha and kapha. Vata combines air and space and controls all movements, nerve impulse, circulation etc. Pitha is from fire and controls metabolism and enzyme activity. Kapha combines earth and water and controls stability, flexibility and growth.


Meg, post treatment




Now I can't tell you much more about how this works since I just had my first Ayuerveda treatment today at Spice Village in Periyar. I had the Pizhichil treatment. This is a traditionally practiced to keep the body fit and healthy. It tones up the body, increases blood circulation and cleanses the body of toxins. You would not recognize me now that I am now bubbling with health and am free of all M and M's! 


In this treatment, warm herbal oil (enough to deep fry a turkey) is poured continuously in a rhythmic manner by TWO or more masseurs for 60 minutes. This was the most sensational treatment I have ever had. Not only did it feel divine but they tell me it is good for aiding arthritis, paralysis, sexual weakness, general debility, nervous disorders, circulatory complaints and diabetes. I refuse to reveal which of these ailments I have and which ones are now cured! I plan on looking into visiting an Ayurveda center someday and taking the 10 day course which is meant to bring you long life and good health. It is a wonderful ancient science that I am now thrilled to have experienced.


M

No comments:

Post a Comment